People don’t buy houses, they buy homes. And what makes a home is not just the size and shape of the building but also how it feels to be inside.
The best way to make your house feel like home is through “psychological space design”—a set of principles that can help you create an environment in which people will want to live and stay put for years. The traditional four walls are important, but so is getting rid of clutter, turning unused spaces into something useful (like a study or guest room), and understanding how color affects moods. When you work with these principles, your house becomes more than just a place to hang out or sleep; it becomes a place where people find peace and comfort.
The 5 steps mentioned above are:
1. Conceptual Design Process
In order to increase the value of your home, it is important to conceptualize the design process. This includes understanding how color affects moods, turning unused spaces into something useful, and getting rid of clutter. When you work with these principles, your house becomes more than just a place to hang out or sleep. It becomes a place where people find peace and comfort.
2. Psychological Space Design Principles
Psychological space design principles involve understanding how color affects moods, turning unused spaces into something useful, and getting rid of clutter. When you work with these principles, your house becomes more than just a place to hang out or sleep. It becomes a place where people find peace and comfort.
There are many examples that can be used to demonstrate how psychological space design principles can play a role in increasing the value of your home. One example includes converting unused spaces into something useful, like a study or guest room.
3. Approaches to Decorating Spaces for Psychological Impact
There are three main approaches to decorating spaces for psychological impact: creating a sense of place, using focal points, and using color.
Creating a sense of place is about making people feel like they’re in a specific spot. You can do this by adding personal items—like pictures or souvenirs—or by using specific colors or textures.
Focal points are used to draw attention to a certain area in a space. They can be used to highlight something important, like a piece of art or furniture, or to create a sense of balance in the room.
Color plays an important role in psychology, and different colors can have different effects on moods. Using the right colors can help set the tone for the entire room.
4. Ways To Use Color in Your Home For Maximum Effect
Speaking of colors, there are many ways to use color in your home. Here are a few:
– Decorative: Use an accent color to brighten up a space. For example, you can paint one wall or highlight one room with a bright and cheerful color.
– Functional: Paint the walls of your kitchen and dining room a darker color so they appear larger and more spacious.
– Dramatic: Painting ceilings and walls black can make a space feel intimate and cozy. It also makes colors seem more vivid in artwork and furniture.
– Calming: Most people like living in serene spaces, and painting the walls of your bedroom a light color will help create a calm atmosphere.
As you can see, there is no one right answer when it comes to designing a house for maximum impact but these 5 steps should help get you started on the journey. If this sounds interesting—or if you need any more information about what we do here at our company—feel free to reach out via the comments below.