As part of EXCEED, the College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering (CNSE) and iCLEAN hosted the Exceeding Expectations: Cleantech Entrepreneur Roundtable in conjunction with the iCLEAN Annual Meeting on Friday, November 16, 2012 at CNSE. The Exceeding Expectations: Cleantech Entrepreneur Roundtable was a collaboration of CNSE’s nationally recognized NANOvember program, an annual month-long celebration showcasing the exciting world of nanotechnology and the global leadership of CNSE and NYS in the field, and iCLEAN’s EXCEED program.
This interactive Annual Meeting and Cleantech Entrepreneur Roundtable featured a mix of investors and successful entrepreneurs speaking about the opportunities and challenges within New York’s cleantech sector. The discussion also focused on how national and state energy policies affect cleantech financing and investment opportunities. Speakers included:
- Moderator: Pradeep Haldar, Vice President for Clean Energy Programs, CNSE; Director, CNSE Energy and Environmental Technology Applications Center; Executive Director, iCLEAN
- Mark Austin, Venture Partner, Bright Capital; Managing Director, Chandler Reed; Entrepreneur-In Residence, NYSERDA
- Rob Day, Partner, Black Coral Capital
- Yash Puri, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Magnolia Solar
- Robert Schwartz, Managing Director, Schwartz Heslin Group
- Michael Shimazu, Senior Project Manager, Innovation and Business Development, NYSERDA
- Jeffrey Seul, Partner, Holland & Knight; Angel Investor
The iCLEAN Annual Meeting and Exceeding Expectations: Cleantech Entrepreneur Roundtable was held on Friday, November 16 at 3 pm at CNSE’s Albany NanoTech Complex in Albany, NY. The event was open to the general public and was followed by a networking reception for all attendees.
Download the event agenda here: iCLEAN Annual Meeting & Roundtable Agenda
If you have questions about the program, please contact Emily Behnke at firstname.lastname@example.org